Don’t let that pothole get any bigger, or that nasty bump or dip or overhanging branch  annoy you, take quick action for a better cycling environment.

This RMS form can be used for reporting cycling hazards on all roads and paths, they will pass it on to the appropriate Council, or do it themselves if it is an RMS road. (RTA is now called RMS). saves you the bother of finding out which sort of road it is, or which council area it is in.

Or this, RMS contact form.

If it is a local council road (not a freeway or other major road, although Councils often are responsible for shared paths along major roads, eg Victoria Rd), you can also ring the council and report the problem. They usually have a system where each report is logged and passed on to the relevant section for action.

Ask for a report number and to be called back when action is to taken. Example, pot hole on Norton St, ring Leichardt Council on 93679222, (now, Inner West Council). Give exact location and a clear description of the problem. You can also email them a photo at Check the new council website at for the numbers for Marrickville and Ashfield areas.

Youcan try Snap Send Solve app. direct on your smart phone, they do monitor this.

Leichhardt has now amalgamated with Ashfield and Marrickville Councils to form the Inner West Council. Here is a map of the suburbs of the new council.

Skip to toolbar